Microsoft Windows Device Recovery Tool For Windows Mobile
![]() |
| Device Recovery Tool |
You can download the Windows Device
Recovery Tool on your PC and use it to fix software problems on your phone.
It'll install the latest version of Windows approved for your phone and remove
everything else, including your apps, games, texts, call history, music, and
photos. Before you use this tool, see if restarting or resetting your phone
fixes the problem.
You can download the Windows Device
Recovery Tool on your PC and use it to fix software problems on your phone.
It'll install the latest version of Windows approved for your phone and remove
everything else, including your apps, games, texts, call history, music, and
photos. Before you use this tool, see if restarting or resetting your phone
fixes the problem.
Download the Windows Device Recovery Tool
Looking for help with HoloLens? Check out
Restart, reset, or recover you’re HoloLens
What
will I need to use the tool?
A USB cable to connect your phone to your
PC.
A PC running Windows 7, Windows 8,
Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
At least 4 GB of free storage space on
your PC.
Will this tool work on any phone?
It works on Acer, Alcatel, BLU, HTC (One
M8 and 8X), LG, Lumia, NEO, UniStrong, VAIO and Yezz phones running Windows
Phone 8 or later. It also works on HP devices.
For non-Lumia Nokia phones, use the Nokia
Software Recovery Tool instead.
![]() |
| Device Recovery Tool |
Can I download the tool on a PC that's
not running Windows?
No, you'll need to use a PC running
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
Do I need to do anything before I use the
tool?
Before running the tool, try restarting
and resetting your phone to see if that fixes the problem.
If that doesn't work, back up your stuff,
then download the tool and use it to reinstall Windows on your phone. The
installation process will delete all the content on your phone—including your
apps, texts, and photos—so it's important to back up your stuff first if you
can.
Some devices let you use reset protection
to keep strangers from resetting and reusing your phone without permission.
Make sure reset protection is turned off, or you'll need to know the name and
password for the primary account on the device to use it. Go to Settings >
Updates & security > Find my phone > Reset Protection and select Turn
off.
How
do I use the tool?
Follow the on-screen prompts to install
it, then select Launch application.
Use a USB cable to connect your phone to
your PC. If your phone isn't automatically detected after you connect it,
disconnect your phone, select My phone was not detected, then follow the
on-screen prompts. If your phone still isn't detected, try restarting it while
it's connected.
![]() |
| Device Recovery Tool |
When your phone is detected, select
Install software. Installation may take a while, depending on the speed of your
Internet connection, and you won't be able to use your phone until it's done.
Will this tool work on phones running
Insider Preview builds?
Yes. When you use this tool on a phone
that's running a preview build, it will reinstall the latest version of Windows
approved for your phone by its manufacturer.
To start getting preview builds again,
you'll need to go to Download Windows Insider Preview for phones to download
the Windows Insider app on your phone, then follow the steps to install Insider
Preview.
Can I restore a Windows 10 Mobile backup to
a Windows 8 phone?
Not immediately. Windows 10 backups
aren’t compatible with Windows 8 phones.
It is not recommended that you restore a
Windows 10 backup to a Windows 8 phone. To avoid Phone Backup Overwrite after
switching to Windows 10, you must rename the device. You can do this by going
to Settings > System > about and tapping Edit name.
The phone can be reverted back to Windows
8 using the Windows Device Recovery Tool. And if you update your phone to
Windows 10 again, you can restoreyour backup from either a Windows 10 backup
or a Windows 8 backup.



asd
The new solution features an updated interface, incorporating user feedback.
design and branding agencies
Their seamless project management and constant communication have led to multiple projects.
top branding agency
The team’s talent, expertise, and competence set them apart from competitors.
UX consulting firms
you employ a fantastic weblog here! do you want to have invite posts in this little blog? App developers
This is definitely an affecting take on this theme. Thanks, I’m happy you discussed your opinions plus inspiring ideas and I find I somewhat agree. I really welcome your clear writing along with the work may possibly have you spend working on this document. A great many thanks for this strong work furthermore great luck with your web-site, I most certainly I’m looking forward to new post in the near future. IOS App Development Company in Salt Lake City
I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. wordfeud Netherlands
I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing. لایسنس مایکروسافت
Cool blog site friend I'm about to suggest this to all my listing contacts.
top UX designer
The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. خرید آفیس اورجینال
I got too much interesting stuff on your blog. I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work. remote monitoring & management
I truly appreciate your working guys, thumbs up!!
creative web design company
Keep the balls rolling!! Nice posts you have given for us.
UI company
Facebook Login is a fast and convenient way for over 2.5 billion people to create accounts and log into your app across multiple platforms. mobile